The Hellbender Regional Trail draft plan outlines a regional bicycle and pedestrian network connecting communities in Western North Carolina. The concept is developed from existing plans in Buncombe, Henderson, Haywood, Madison and Transylvania counties.
The plan in its entirety is linked above as an ArcGIS Online Web Map. It is best viewed on desktop/tablet devices.
The public comment period on the draft plan closed on August 21st. The draft plan was adopted by the LOSRPO TAC at their October 22nd, 2020 meeting and the FBRMPO Board at their September 24, 2020 meeting. The Hellbender Regional Trail workgroup will reconvene later in 2020 to discuss next steps.
- LOSRPO DRAFT FY22 Planning Work Program
- Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan
- RPO Memorandum of Understanding
- RPO Bylaws
- RPO PIP (Public Involvement Plan)
- Adopted 2020-2029 STIP – LOSRPO supplement
- NCDOT 2020 – 2029 STIP https://www.ncdot.gov/initiatives-policies/Transportation/stip/Documents/2020-2029-final-stip.pdf
- Complete Streets Policy
- Western North Carolina Park-and-Ride Lots
- NCDOT STIP (Interactive map)
- NC Clean Transportation Plan and National EV Charging Infrastructure (NEVI)
- Safe Streets for All
- CTP Study Details – Rural Area of Buncombe and Haywood Counties
- CTP Study Details – Madison County
- CTP Study Details- Transylvania County
- Blue Ridge Bike Plan
- City of Brevard Comprehensive Pedestrian Plan
- Ecusta Rail Trail Economic Impact Study
- NC 280 Bike Path Final Plan
- Town of Marshall Pedestrian Master Plan
- Transylvania County Bicycle Plan